You just have to feel sorry for the Cleveland Browns fans…easily some of the most rabid, educated, passionate fans in the NFL. Or any league for that matter.
Their once-proud franchise has quickly become one of the laughing-stocks in the league, down there with the Rams and Lions.
And now their turd of a head coach is my Douchebag of the Week, not so much for one specific thing, but for a virtual cornucopia of royal screw-ups that have proven just what kind of douchetard “Mangenius” really is.
If you want to know how Mangini came to be head coach of the Browns, go check out Wikipedia. Let’s just say his coaching record as the Jets head coach was bad…very bad. Save for one playoff season of 10-6, Mangini finished his time in New York with a 23-26 record. Which is why it was very surprising the Browns hired this mutt 15 minutes after the Jets jettisoned his fat ass.
In his short time at Cleveland, Mangini has been able to sink the already declining Browns franchise to new depths of suckitude, the likes of which have only been seen by the Detroit Lions and St. Louis Rams.
Here are “Mangenius” accomplishments in his short tenure as Browns coach…
- Had a mural of Cleveland Browns greats torn down in the Browns offices.
- Put the Browns rookies on a bus from Cleveland to Hartford, Connecticut to participate in a football camp. The ride lasted 10 hours…each way.
- Fined one of his players $1700 for taking a $3 bottle of water from a hotel minibar without paying for it.
- Reports are that Mangini screwed Josh Cribbs out of an agreed-to contract renegotiation.
- The always tedious starting QB guessing game is back on, with it being announced today that Quinn is riding the pines, with Derek Anderson assuming the starting role.
Let us not forget that Mangini was involved, and fined, for his role in the Jets/Brett Favre injury reporting snafu…and the whole “Spygate” thingy, of which he was a primary figure.
A few of the Browns players have filed grievances against Hitler Mangini for the fines he assessed them. I hope they win, and I hope the Cleveland organization wises up and gets rid of this douchebag before the franchise sinks any lower.