In case you missed it yesterday, Bubba Watson won the 2012 Masters in a two-hole playoff over South African Louis Oosthuizen to capture the first major championship of his career. Not only is Watson the first man named Bubba to win the tournament (research pending), but damn will he look good cruising around town in his original General Lee while wearing his brand new green jacket.
But Watson’s win in itself was just one of the highlights of Sunday at the Masters. And if you were one of the unlucky few who missed the tourney’s final day, then you missed quite a bit. There were amazing shots, emotions flowing like liquid cheese, and an awkward handshake that didn’t take.
So here are six moments from the Masters final round that you will be glad you didn’t miss…
6. Louis Oosthuizen’s albatross on No.2.
How much does it must suck for Oosthuizen to shoot just the fourth double-eagle in Masters history, only to end up losing the tournament?
5. Bubba Watson’s emotions after sinking the final putt.
Raw, real, and altogether awesome.
4. Peter Hanson’s tee shot drills a spectator.
It’s funny cuz I don’t know him.
3. The green jacket presentation and Bubba’s speech.
2. Bubba Watson and Billy Payne’s awkward non-handshake.
Am I a bad person that it made me feel happy seeing Billy Payne left hanging?
1. The shot that won the tournament.
The golf shot heard round the world redux.