It seemed like a reasonable enough question posed during the Fox Sports Kansas City broadcast of the Royals-Angels game Thursday night—which young player would you like to start a franchise with? Simple right? The four players to choose from are exactly who you think would be mentioned in a conversation of this ilk—heck, you could probably name all four youngsters from memory and the teams they currently play for—so take a look at this graphic from the game and see if you can spot anything wrong…
- Bryce Hunter’s real name is Bryce Harper, and despite the Tigers logo beside his head, still plays for the Nationals
- Unless he’s going by an alias, Matt Harvey is not named Matt Jones, and at last check, does not pitch for the Orioles
- Manny Machado does play for the O’s, and not the White Sox as the logo beside his Baltimore cap might lead you to believe
- Mike Trout is still with the Angels, and not a member of the Yankees (yet)
- Surprisingly, all the stats are correct prior to the start of tonight’s games
I can see one mistake, maybe two at the most, as a forgivable offense, but six errors on one graphic is beyond ridiculous. Remember, soon-to-be unemployed Fox Sports Kansas City graphics guy, there’s no shame in stepping up your Google game.